Hot Artichoke Heart and Goat Cheese Dip 1 jar Mediterranean Organic Artichoke, water packed, drained 1 1/4 Cups mild Organic onions, minced or 1/3 cup Frontier Onion Flakes 1 clove Organic garlic, minced or 1/2 tsp. Emperor’s Kitchen Organic Chopped Garlic 1/2 Cup Vegenaise mayonnaise […]
Tag: gluten free
61 Main Owner/Chef Jenna Schreiber’s Fruit Crumble Bars
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill flaked coconut
- 1 1/4 cups Gluten-free Pantry or Namaste gluten free all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Wholesome organic sucanat
- 1/4 cup Madhava agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup fruit puree
- 2 cups Stahl Blueberries frozen or fresh fruit of choice
Preheat oven to 375F.
Spread 3/4 cup coconut evenly on a baking sheet and toast in middle of oven, stirring once, until golden, about 8 minutes, then cool.
Blend together flour, sugars, and salt in a food processor, then add butter and blend until a dough begins to form. Transfer to a bowl and knead in oats and toasted coconut until combined well.
Reserve 3/4 cup dough, then press remainder evenly into bottom of a buttered 13- by 9-inch metal baking pan and place puree over it, then top with fruit. Crumble reserved dough evenly over jam, then sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup (untoasted) coconut.
Bake in middle of oven until golden, 20 to 25 minutes, then cool completely in pan on a rack. Loosen from sides of pan with a sharp knife, then lift out in one piece and transfer to a cutting board.
Cut into 24 bars.